What’s Happening Now
Community Development Discussions
BLDG Memphis would like to invite our community members to participate in conversations surrounding community development as a part of the More for Memphis Project. More for Memphis is a collaboration to improve social and economic mobility in Memphis and Shelby County. This joint effort brings together more than 300 community members, nonprofits, businesses and public organizations to define the changes of our social and economic systems and policies; and identify sustainable solutions that make a shared vision for a thriving Shelby County a reality. Learn more about the More for Memphis project here.
- Memphis Vision for Healthy and Affordable Housing
- Monday, October 10 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (virtual) Register here for this discussion
- Memphis Vision for Community Informed Economic Development
- Monday, October 10 from 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (virtual) Register here for this discussion
- Memphis Vision for Strong Neighborhoods
- Tuesday, October 11 from 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (virtual) Register here for this discussion
We also ask that you please complete this short survey on Community Development before the discussions. Even if you cannot make it to the discussions, we ask that you please fill it out. We value your opinion on your community.
Thank you and we will see you at the discussions!
Calling all CDCs and CD stakeholders!!! BLDG Memphis 2022 Membership is now open and annual dues are being collected this March! See our Membership Overview for more information.
BLDG Memphis has been selected as 1 of 50 organizations across the United States to participate in the U.S. Small Business Administration's Community Navigator Pilot Program. BLDG Memphis have been awarded $1 million to support and coordinate CDC-led small business outreach in Memphis neighborhoods. Read more on this program here.
COVID-19 Update: Housing Resources
- Memphis Eviction Settlement Fund
- National Multifamily Housing Council resources for property owners and management
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac property lookup tools for properties covered under the CARES Act eviction moratorium