What’s Happening Now
WE ARE HIRING! BLDG Memphis is looking for a Director of Neighborhood Planning. The Director of Neighborhood Planning provides leadership activating change by on-the-ground work alongside our members and others that build upon existing plans and gather and analyze data to focus development equitably. The position leads strategies that convene partners to secure investment in anchor areas within neighborhoods, that support member CDCs conducting small area planning and quick-build solutions, and strategies that advise and manage authentic community engagement processes. Find more information and apply here.
Election Day is August 4! BLDG Memphis sent a nonpartisan candidate questionnaire to the offices we closely work with in community development. Read the responses to our Candidate Questionnaire for Legislative Offices here and Executive Offices and Environmental Court here.
Calling all CDCs and CD stakeholders!!! BLDG Memphis 2022 Membership is now open and annual dues are being collected this March! See our Membership Overview for more information.
BLDG Memphis has been selected as 1 of 50 organizations across the United States to participate in the U.S. Small Business Administration's Community Navigator Pilot Program. BLDG Memphis have been awarded $1 million to support and coordinate CDC-led small business outreach in Memphis neighborhoods. Read more on this program here.
COVID-19 Update: Housing Resources
- Memphis Eviction Settlement Fund
- National Multifamily Housing Council resources for property owners and management
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac property lookup tools for properties covered under the CARES Act eviction moratorium
- FHFA Guidance on mortgage forbearance and not requiring lump sum repayments at the end of forbearance
- Convergence Memphis Housing Resources page