BLDG Memphis is a membership organization, made up of nonprofit community developers, advocates, individuals, community-based organizations, government entities, and anyone else who supports the revitalization of Memphis neighborhoods.
Join today to add your voice and support BLDG Memphis in advocating for better Memphis neighborhoods. There's strength in numbers.
We offer benefits in the following areas:
BLDG Memphis delivers customized services to nonprofit community development organizations to assess, plan and implement strategies to achieve their community goals.
- Monthly members meetings
- One-on-one technical assistance
- Members only training through 2022 CDC workshop series
- Peer networking and information sharing, including focused groups for housing development/management and housing counselors
- Organizational Assessment via the BLDG Memphis Capacity Assessment Tool Customized CDC Capacity Building Plan
- New City Builders
- Scholarships to to attend training workshops and conferences
- Pro Bono legal services through Butler Snow LLP
Advocacy and Public Policy
BLDG Memphis' advocacy and public policy platform is crafted in collaboration with our member and partner organizations and reflects the needs and issues they face in Memphis neighborhoods every day.
- Opportunities to participate in policy workgroups to engage, explore and advocate for best practices and policies that advance the community development sector including Healthy and Affordable Housing, Community Economic Development and Strong Neighborhoods
- Opportunity to advocate on behalf of our network to elected and appointed government officials
With the community, BLDG Memphis explores how complex and sometimes less than inclusive decisions to the physical spaces, infrastructure and investments (or lack thereof) mase in our city and neighborhoods affect our lives and communities as well as the opportunities surrounding us to shape how we interact with one another and connect with public spaces.
- Invitation to our quarterly Pizza with Planners series spotlighting a diverse range of practitioners, policy experts and prominent community leaders in the community and economic development sector in Memphis and peer cities
- Invitation to the Community Development Book Club to read, examine and discuss critical theories and policies within urban planning and community development
- Opportunity to receive a community outreach sub-grant to support our members' community outreach efforts, grassroots organizing and urban planning projects in Memphis neighborhoods
Types of Membership
Click here to download a voting member application.
|For-Profit Developers | Realtors||$250 |$500|
Click here to download an associate member application.
If you have any questions about membership or need a customized invoice, please email Bret Bilbrey at [email protected].